A little about my background. I earned a Bachelor's of Finance from George Washington University in Washington, D.C., and have held a FINRA Series 7 and 66, as well as a Florida Life and Health License. As a former registered investment advisor before retiring and relocating to Southwest Florida, I enjoyed educating my clients on the importance of long-term care planning and helping them make informed decisions.
Today, I have happily left retirement and find it extremely rewarding to educate consumers, financial advisors, eldercare attorneys and realtors about today’s reverse mortgage products that incorporate added features and benefits to enhance retirement quality and consumer protection.
Reverse mortgages are not for everyone. In the right scenario, they can be a great short or long-term retirement tool. My job is to understand your individual needs and concerns, and educate you on whether a reverse mortgage would be suitable. Please read on to learn if a HECM should be part of your retirement toolbox. My clients are located near and far throughout the U.S. and I look forward to talking with you.
- Regional Manager - Reverse Lending, Mid America Mortgage
- Senior Reverse Mortgage Loan Officer, Resolute Bank
- Chief Executive Officer, ERP Maestro
- Chief Operating & Compliance Officer, Q.F.A.
- Registered Investment Advisor, MassMutual
- Vice President, Tradex
- Board Member, Financial Planning Association of Southwest Florida
- Member, National Aging in Place Council, Naples, Florida
- Member, Leadership Coalition on Aging, Naples, Florida
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteer Business Mentor, FusionPointe.org
- Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator, National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS 1607444)
- FINRA Series 66, Registered Investment Advisor (inactive)
- FINRA Series 7, Registered Representative (inactive)
- Florida Life and Health Insurance License (FL 215)
FOR PROFESSIONALS SERVING THE SENIOR COMMUNITY
I'm involved in a number of organizations that represent the interest and advocacy of seniors within the local communities of Southwest Florida.
By meeting other professionals in different fields that offer services to the senior community, I feel more informed. And having these contacts helps me to direct my clients and their families to services that they might need and not know how to locate.
Estate Planning and Elder Law attorneys utilize my knowledge and experience for their older clients or the adult children of senior parents to improve retirement living by leveraging funds from a reverse mortgage for planned and unplanned expenses.
And I also coordinate the financial concerns and retirement planning with Financial Advisors by providing them with examples of how they can extend the longevity of a client’s retirement fund by providing short and long-term access to home equity and to lessen the impact on their portfolio holdings.
Banks and Credit Unions do not offer reverse mortgages and I have partnered with many of them as a trusted resource for information for their clients/members when they are asking about a reverse mortgage.
Lastly, I also assist Realtors with their senior clients who may wish to sell their current residence and down size into one that is smaller by using a HECM for Purchase loan in lieu of traditional financing that would require a mortgage payment and income and credit qualification.